Humanitarian Programme (HP) of Islamic Relief Bangladesh has been working for the families affected by different disaster since 1991. It has been recognized as a prime respondent in Bangladesh for the disaster victims during the crisis period. Besides, it has been facilitating to the WASH vulnerable families through appropriate WASH technology and also coordinating the seasonal projects in overall Bangladesh. HP has been serving with 2 different Strategic Focus Area (SFA-1 & 2.5) of Islamic Relief. At present it has been implementing 6 projects in four strategic locations in Bangladesh.
SFA-1.1: Protecting Life and Dignity
- To reduce suffering of the disaster affected communities through timely and effective response to any emergencies.
- To enhance capacities of IRB and its strategic partners in emergency response
- To ensure all protocols and manuals for responding to any emergencies are in place.
- To gain certain expertise in operating IR emergency response in an inclusive manner (inclusion of all sorts of diversified groups, who are in need) and LRRD
- To take forward humanitarian advocacy initiatives
SFA 2.5: Empowering communities
- To increase/improve WASH access for the poor, excluded, marginalized & vulnerable people in sustainable and equitable manner.
- To enhance organizational accountability and capacity of the LGIs and service providers for effective WASH services.
- To strengthen operational linkages within the sector and also with other sectors in order to accelerate WASH progress.
- Emergency Response & Early Recovery
- Seasonal Food Distribution (for Qurbani and Ramadan season)
- IR AUSTRALIA
- IR BELJIUM
- IR CANADA
- IR DENMARK
- IR GERMANY
- IR MALAYSIA
- IR MAURITIUS
- IR NETHERLAND
- IR NACER TARABIEN
- IR SWITZERLAND
- IR SEWDEN
- IR USA
- IR UK
- CRISTIAN AID
- QATAR RED CRISCENT
- START NETWORK
- Good Team Building
- Regular Project Review Meeting and Team Meeting
- Timely & Effective Response to the crisis
- BNF selection Process
- BNF Dbase-Community and School
- GPS Mapping
Coordination and Networking
- Government of Bangladesh
- NARRI Consortium
- DISHARI Consortium
- Different Clusters (Food Security, Early Recovery, WASH, Shelter, Logistics, etc)
- Disaster Forum
- INGO Emergency Sub-Committee
- START Network
|Integrated Assistance to Enhance the Livelihood and WatSan for flood affected families in Haor Bangladesh, Netrokona||12 Months,End- 31 March 15||9144|
|Sustainable Water facility and Hygiene Promotion for the Northeast Flash Flood Prone Areas in Gowainghat, Sylhet||12 Months,End- 30 June 15||2800|
|Promoting Appropriate WASH Technology in North Eastern part of Bangladesh, Sylhet||15 Months,End-31 March 15||3018|
|Construction of Safe Water Facility for the Char Dweller in Northwest River Basin, Jamalpur||12 Months, End-31 May 15||3700|
|Creating Provision of WASH facilities for the Coastal Dwellers in Southern Bangladesh, Satkhira||12 Months, 31 October 15||1800|
|Creating Provision of Safe Water for the Northwest River Basin Dweller, Jamalpur||5 Months, 31 May 15||1230|